When should the Regulatory Authority (RA) use ICIS Data Access?
The NetDMR Test application uses the ICIS Stage environment. The data in this environment may not have the most recent ICIS Production data. In order to update your data in NetDMR Test, RAs can use ICIS Data Access (ICISDA) to retrieve newer data from ICIS Production and submit to ICIS Stage or retrieve test/training data from ICIS Stage that RAs can submit back into ICIS Stage after it has been refreshed with Production data.
Why should the RA use ICIS Data Access?
1. To see new/updated permit data on NetDMR Test application (use ICISDA Production)
2. To preserve any ongoing testing permittees have done on their permits on NetDMR Test application after the refresh, since the refresh wipes out the test data (use ICISDA Test)
What steps should the RA take to restore test data?
The diagram above illustrates the steps below:
1. Wait for EPA's alert on when the ICIS Stage refresh will occur.
2. RA uses the ICIS Data Access (ICISDA Test) dataflow to retrieve their data from ICIS Stage (i.e. Basic Permit, Permitted feature, Limit Set, Parameter Limit, DMRs) before it gets wiped out after a refresh.
3. EPA refreshes the ICIS Stage Environment with ICIS Production data.
4. RA uses the ICIS-NPDES Test dataflow to submit their data back into ICIS Stage, restoring it.
5. The NetDMR Test Environment is now ready for testing new/updated permits as well as any ongoing testing from the restored data done by permittees before the refresh.