- The import DMR file must be in a comma delimited or comma separated value format. The file extension must be .TXT, .CSV, or .zip.
- The file name cannot contain any spaces, and the file size cannot be larger than 20 megabytes.
Data Formatting Requirements:
- The date must be in the form of YYYY-MM-DD.
- The Permitted Feature ID must be 3 or 4 characters long.
- The Parameter ID must be 5 characters.
- The templates that should be used to import DMRs are provided below. Click on the desired template name to be directed to the page to download the template.
- Most information needed for completing these templates can be found in one of the expected DMRs in NetDMR.
- A key is attached to the bottom of this article to help with the column headers.
- A list of unit of measure (uom) codes can also be downloaded from the bottom of this article.
Please note: The templates download as Excel files and will need to be saved in comma delimited or comma separated value (.csv) format when ready for import after file is completed. Once saved, do not open the .csv file before uploading as that might change formatting and cause errors.
Users must use actual codes with example, not descriptions.
After the data has been entered into the Excel template, you will need to save the file as a .csv or .txt file before importing it into NetDMR by:
- Click File
- and Change File Type
- Scroll through the options and select Text .txt (Tab delimited) or .csv (Comma delimited)
- Click Save As
- You can change the file name if you wish
To begin performing the import:
- Click Perform Import under the Import DMRs heading in your NetDMR account.
- Click Choose File
- Select the desired .CSV or .TXT file
- Click open.
- Add a description to your import file
- Click Submit Import File.
When the file is imported, you will receive a confirmation message on the screen that your import request has been assigned a transaction ID and it is queued for processing.
The status will be "Pending."
You will receive an email when your import has been completed.
Once the file has processed, check the import results by clicking the "Check Results" link listed in the Import DMRs menu.
If the status is "Completed with Errors," click the log icon in the "log" column to view more details about the errors.
Each row of the DMR Import Log containing an error will note the error code, the line where the error occurred and a description of the error.
- Review each line of the import file corresponding to where the error was found.
- When errors are found, you must correct the data within the original Excel file, save it as a .CSV or .TXT file, and then Perform the Import again.
- A common mistake is editing the .CSV file, which will change the previous formatting. ‘DO NOT open the .csv file before uploading
- After each error has been addressed, you can Import the new .CSV or .TXT file again.
- If errors are found, compare the DMR Import Log and data file to resolve outstanding errors, and then perform the import again. Repeat these steps until the import status is “Success." Now the DMR is ready to be signed. Notify your signatory to sign and submit the DMR.